I love pork, yet cooking it has never been a success of mine. Also, I like things with few ingredients. The easier the better. So when I found this recipe on Pinterest I had to give pork another shot. This recipe fit the bill! What’s not to like? Honey. Butter. Pork. Perfection. The addition of cajun spices interested me more and I knew this would be a hit with the hubby. So here is the recipe thanks to Momma Hen’s Kitchen:
Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin
4 tbs butter
2 tbs honey
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In an ovenproof pot, heat butter and honey over medium heat until melted.
3. Sprinkle pork tenderloin with Cajun seasoning and black pepper.
4. Brown each side for 5 minutes in the honey butter. Lower heat if honey begins to burn. (I browned mine 6-7 min at a med heat to get a little more of a sear)
5. Place pot in oven and roast uncovered for 15 – 20 minutes*. (I cooked mine for 30 min, turning halfway. I also spooned a little of the sauce over the top)
6. Remove pot from oven and transfer the pork to a plate. Cover with foil.
7. Add water to the pot and stir over medium heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes, until sauce is reduced slightly.
8.Slice pork on the diagonal and drizzle sauce over top to serve.
*NOTE: May need to cook longer depending on the size and thickness of the pork tenderloin
I added mashed potatos and green beans to finish the plate. SO good! The next day I used the leftover pork for lunch. Stay tuned for that easy and yummy lunch!