So this is a follow up to my post for the Honey Butter Pork. Since I am a stay at home mom, it’s important for us to stretch every dollar as far as it will go. This means eating leftovers. For most things, pasta or casseroles, we are great at making a lunch or dinner out of what’s left. However, leftover meat is always a problem. Until now! I’m not quite sure which pin I saw that sparked this great idea but it has changed leftover lunch time forever!
Leftover pork, ham, etc.
Grands biscuits (which I used this time) or crescent rolls (both good to always have on hand)
Mayo, Honey Mustard dressing, cheese, any other additions that sound good
1. First I unrolled the biscuits and separated each one into halves. This is pretty easy once you find a seam.
2. Then I spread them out like you would pizza dough just to thin them out a little and make them a little bigger to hold all of your yummy contents.
3. Next I added a little mayo to a couple and some honey mustard dressing to others. With the mayo I added the pork, thinly sliced, and to the honey mustard I added ham. I added mozzarella cheese to all of the ham ones and only to one or two of the pork ones.
4. Then add the top piece of dough and press the edges to make your very own “hot pocket” sandwich.
5. Then bake according to the instructions of the biscuits or rolls. I Baked mine for about 17 min.
6. When finished slice and serve! Carful the contents of your delicious “pocket” are hot! Mine weren’t the prettiest but since it’s only a quick lunch for the hubby and me it didn’t really matter. If I were to serve these to visitors I’d roll out the dough and make sure they looked nice. But the hubby only cares that they taste good, and boy did they ever!! The light flakey bread of the biscuit is so wonderful! Give it a try and let me know of your concoctions.