Prepare yourself for a gooey sloppy wonderful meal. This would also be a great game time favorite as well as something easy to do with the kids. The un-greased pan gives the bread a crisp bottom and edge and the cream cheese mix and pasta sauce is out of this world. It’s super easy to put together. This pin arrived from Key Ingredient.
1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices (I use 6 slices of Texas Toast)
1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 tablespoon pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Frozen Meatballs, Thawed (I used 24, 4 per slice of bread)
1 24oz jar of pasta sauce
1 cup of water (I used just over 4oz, or 1/2 a cup)
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an ungreased 13″x9″ baking pan.
3. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings.
4. Spread mix over bread slices.
5. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese
6. Gently mix together meatballs, spaghetti sauce and water; spoon over cheese. (I laid out the meatballs, 4 per slice of bread, to appease my OCD first then spooned out the sauce after.)
7. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
8. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This is so good. Slice per person, serves 6. But this is so hearty, half of a slice is filling for me. No doubt this was a great pin. I used a little less cheese and maybe fewer meatballs than the original post, but it’s so good. This seems to call my name on a cold rainy day and I’m sure it will be a go to when our yard is snow covered. Pretty good reheated. I try to leave it in the pan it was cooked in to heat it up in the oven for leftovers. That method seems to be the best. Enjoy friends!