Broccoli & Grape Salad!! This is a refreshing salad that will be great for all of your summer BBQ’s! I recently made it for my Kentucky Derby Party and it was a delicious hit! Below is the recipe I got from my mama, but there are SO many variations of this on pinterest, like this one. Some add celery, some add onion, but all are the same basic idea.
1 bunch broccoli florets
2 cups seedless red grapes halved
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 lb bacon fried crisp and crumbled
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
Optional: 1 cup of raisins
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon white vinegar
How to make:
Once you’ve got everything prepped, it’s just 4 easy steps!
1. Mix dressing in a small bowl
2. Mix all other ingredients, except grapes in a large bowl
3. Add dressing and mix
4. Gently fold in grapes
Seriously. It’s that easy. You spend more time halving the grapes than anything else.
You can made it a day ahead of time too. I don’t mix anything, but just cut up my broccoli and grapes and put in the fridge in separate containers. I also mix up my dressing too. The next day all I have to do is put it all into my serving bowl with the bacon and nuts. Easy Peasy!!
Have you tried this salad? Do you have a different version? Share in the comments!
I’m excited to make this one over and over again. It was an easy crockpot meal that has a VERY similar taste to the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki from Subway. I cooked it up and served it over rice. Hubby and I both had seconds. I wish I could tell you how it was as a leftover but there were none! The sauce is so delicious. I keep pondering what else I can use the sauce for. YUM!! This pin came from My Fridge Food.
4-6 chicken breasts (I think 6 is two many, 3-4 is best)
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup lemon-lime soda (diet or regular)
2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic (I used Garlic powder)
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 Tablespoons corn starch
2 Tablespoons water
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker.
2. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
3.Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker. I shredded the chicken with a fork. It just fell apart.
4. Pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
5. Lay chicken over rice and spoon the sauce over both. Enjoy!